The following is from http://www.dechert.com/events/:
Please join us for a program that will provide a business and litigation perspective on the life sciences industry. Members of Dechert’s Life Sciences Practice, and guest speaker Josephine M. Torrente from Hyman, Phelps & McNamara, P.C., will discuss lessons learned from recent M&A, licensing and co-promotion deals; safe use of regulatory and IP strategies; and litigation risks and how to avoid or mitigate them.
“Lessons Learned” from Recent M&A, Licensing and Co-Promotion Deals
- Why licensing and M&A front-end and back-end payment structures are converging
- How CVRs may become the new “license dispute” battleground for acquirers and exiting shareholders on US public M&A
- Due diligence approaches for buyers on cross-border deals: approaching IP, export controls, anti-bribery and product liability law issues
- Preparing the biotech and specialty pharma for sale
The “Safe Use” Of Regulatory and IP Strategies
- Building patent portfolios: Will the Supreme Court’s decision in FTC v. Watson change the enforcement landscape?
- Effective strategies for approval and patenting of follow-on innovations
- Structuring and administering REMS programs and other initiatives to increase drug safety
- Potential issues arising from product labeling, “section viii” carve-outs and use codes after Novo Nordisk A/S v. Caraco Pharm. Labs. Ltd
Hot Topics Impacting Life Cycle Management: Litigation Risks and How to Avoid or Mitigate Them
- Spotting and addressing challenges in clinical development: it’s never too early to think about risk management
- Free speech, fair marketing & criminal liability: United States v. Caronia, the Sunshine Act and beyond
- Generic preemption and branded liability: what may lie ahead
- Regulation by litigation: recent trends in state and private actions and their potential impact on public policy
Continuing Legal Education: Application for credit in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania is currently pending.
To Register see: http://www.dechert.com/events/register.aspx?firmevent=2685