A Pennsylvania law intended to prevent head injuries among student athletes took effect this summer, right as athletic departments were getting ready for the fall sports season. See PA and NJ Concussion Law.
The changes include:
- coaches had to take a class on recognizing concussions;
- requires coaches to pull athletes out of play if they take a blow to the head.
For full article see: Some Pa. schools a step ahead of ‘concussion law’ — NewsWorks.
- Friday Night Lights: Concussions In The Spotlight (nbc4i.com)
- New tool for identifying concussions in athletes (kfor.com)
- New law on youth concussions spurs districts to act (buffalonews.com)