Whether you’re buying a new home, renting out a property, or fixing up an old house to sell, you need to keep your investment safe. Realty Biz News recently published a list of 17 steps you can take to crime-proof your house.
Here are a few suggestions:
- If you’re selling an already-vacant house, then make it look occupied. A quick but effective trick is to install inexpensive miniblinds on the windows.
- Install motion-detector lights around your house. Make sure the lights are trained on anything that could be stolen, such as an air conditioner unit.
- If you must have exposed copper wire, then disguise it by painting it black.
- Don’t advertise the fact the house is for sale if it’s in a high-crime neighborhood. “That’s known as an ‘invitation’ in some neighborhoods,” according to Realty Biz News.
For full article see: How to Make Your Home Safe.
- Man installs bullet-proof glass to protect home from crime (khou.com)
- 17 Foolproof Ways To Stop Thieves From Ransacking Your Home (businessinsider.com)