The following information is provided by Jeffrey S. Chiesa, New Jersey Attorney General:
Fugitives hiding from the law soon will have the opportunity to surrender safely at a neutral location in Atlantic City, take responsibility for their offenses and receive favorable consideration from the court.
Fugitives Safe Surrender-New Jersey Southern Region offers those wanted on New Jersey warrants for nonviolent offenses a final opportunity to resolve their matters.
Previous events in New Jersey allowed more than 10,000 people to stop running from the law.
Fugitive Safe Surrender will operate on April 21, 2012 and again April 23-25, 2012 at Grace Assembly of God Church, 201 Atlantic Ave., Atlantic City.
Individuals can turn themselves in from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Their cases will be adjudicated at temporary courtrooms a few blocks away.
The initiative is open only to U.S. citizens, legal residents and those who are lawfully in the United States. Individuals who are not in the United States lawfully are not eligible to participate.
I encourage anyone eligible to participate in Fugitive Safe Surrender to take this opportunity for a fresh start.
For more information, go to fssnj.com.
For full article see: Safe surrender program helps NJ fugitives stop hiding from law.
- Atlantic City to offer 4-day ‘safe surrender’ this month
- At least 2,500 N.J. fugitives expected in Somerset safe surrender program
- Thousands line up on last day of ‘Safe Surrender’ program in Newark
- Final New Jersey Fugitive Safe Surrender (gloucestercitynews.net)
- Safe Surrender program to launch next month, offering softer punishments for lesser crimes (nj.com)