- Dred Scott in 1857, upholding the obnoxious Fugitive Slave Act.
- The Supreme Court in 2000 declared G.W. Bush president although Al Gore got 543,895 more votes.
- Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission (2010), the court reaffirmed earlier declarations that money is speech.
- Plessy v. Ferguson (1896), the court upheld Southern apartheid, declaring separate black and white facilities constitutional.
- Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific R. Co. (1886), the court declared that corporations were people and entitled to constitutional rights even though the preamble of the Constitution starts with “we the people.”
- Lochner v. New York (1905), reversed a legislative limit of a 10-hour work day and 60-hour work week for bakers.
WELCOME TO MY BLOG!
On this blog you can find resources to help you navigate the U.S. court system, as well as helpful information about national and NJ/ PA local laws. Please drop by daily to check out the new material! THIS WEBSITE IS MEANT TO GIVE YOU GENERAL INFORMATION NOT LEGAL ADVICE. The cases and legal references listed may have been amended or overturned by subsequently decided court cases. Any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this blog, including links, is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any person for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service. Contact an attorney for current information and advice on your specific legal matter.
No Attorney-Client Relationship: the use of this website and/or any information contained herein shall not create any attorney-client relationship between you and Vinh P. Su, Esquire (or any of its attorneys).
Prior to acting on any material based on any material contained on this website, or information contained herein, you should seek and retain professional counsel in your state or other jurisdiction, as applicable.
When making any inquiries through this website, or information contained herein, please do not transmit or send confidential or privileged information before speaking with an attorney. While we attempt to maintain a secure e-mail server, we cannot, and thus do not, guarantee the security of, and/or actual receipt of, any transmission by or to you utilizing the Internet or any link provided by this website.