- Frederic Deloizy, a French national, and American Mark Himes were married in 2008
- They have been a couple for over 20 years and have four adopted children
- Deloizy faces deportation because their CA marriage is not federally recognized
- Immigration officials are barred from recognizing their marriage under the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA).
For full article see Man faces deportation despite marriage to US citizen.
- Woman immigrant in same-sex marriage won’t be deported (cnn.com)
- Bradford Wells and Anthony John Makk, San Francisco Gay Married Couple, Win Deportation Reprieve For Two Years (huffingtonpost.com)
- U.S. Drops Same-Sex Couple’s Deportation Case (huffingtonpost.com)