I found an informative article about certain myths about student loan debt. The 5 myths discussed in detail are:
- Forgiving student loan debt stimulates the economy;
- All education debt is good debt;
- If you declare bankruptcy, your student loans go away;
- Widespread defaults on federal student loans would worsen the government deficit; and
- The federal government should get out of the student loan business because the private sector can do it better.
For full article see Five Myths About Student Loans by Mark Kantrowitz for Washington Post.
- Last of 7 Parts: Answers to Your Questions on Student Loans and Scholarships (thechoice.blogs.nytimes.com)