Tax season will be here soon. Need some information on tax credits? We’ve got two webinars to help:
Part I – Tax Credits: What Working Families Need to Know — Wednesday, October 26 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern (1 hour)
This webinar will explain how federal and state tax credits can give working families a leg up and briefly describe some credits of which families should be aware, including the federal Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit, and Making Work Pay Credit. This webinar will cover:
- The EITC, which is worth up to $5,751 for low- and moderate-income families with children;
- The Child Tax Credit, which is worth up to $1,000 per child;
- The Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit, which gives families with child care expenses up to $2,100;
- Basic tips for sharing information about tax credits with families.
Part II – Tax Credits Outreach: Tips and Tools for Service Providers and Advocates — Tuesday, November 8 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern (1 hour)
Advocates and service providers can engage in a few simple outreach activities to help educate working families about valuable federal and state tax credits, often building on other networks and campaigns. This webinar will help you:
- Connect with local coalitions;
- Find free tax preparation services in your community;
- Get free outreach materials; and
- Learn some successful techniques for spreading the word about tax credits.
These webinars are free to participants, but registration is required.
Find the National Women’s Law Center on Twitter: nwlc Ntl Women’s Law Ctr